Guilty Pleasure of Food

 

I think most of us have some “guilty pleasure” from our childhood. One of mine is corn dogs. 

A humble wiener enrobed in a sweet cornmeal batter and deep fried. It is not a treat that I indulge in very often. In fact, it had been some years since I last had one. 

Author Michael Pollan famously wrote: “Eat all the junk food you want as long as you cook it yourself.” I take this statement to heart. 

For me, it does not mean I eat as much as I want. But because I make it and know what goes into it, I feel better about what I do eat.

I had been thinking of making corn dogs for a couple of years now. And as it so happened, I had some house made all beef wieners that I want to use. The rest is history as they say.

What a delight! It won’t be years again!


 As always, your questions or comments are welcome.

Until next time, Bon Appetit Y'all!

Chef Leslie Bartosh

#CornDogs, #Wieners, #AllBeefWieners, #BeefLovingChefs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canadian Bacon. Yes! You Can Make It!

Pho with Vegan Egg Roll

Making Spaetzle using a cutting board