Mung Bean Sprout Salad

Mung Bean Sprout Salad

One of the joys of cooking, for me, is discovering a new way to satisfactorily prepare an item.  Such is the case with this mung bean sprout salad. 

I wanted to serve the sprouts with a meal of kalua pig and cabbage.  So, I needed a dressing for the sprouts that would stand up to the smoked pork.  I also wanted it to counter the natural wateriness of the sprouts.

As I thought about the sprout salad and the dressing, I remembered we had a meal of poke a couple of days earlier.  The sprouts that were a part of the meal went pretty well with the poke.

This made me wonder: Will the poke dressing work as a dressing on the sprouts?  I am glad to report it worked very well!

The sprouts in this salad marinated for approximately 30 minutes in the refrigerator.  This corresponded with the time I needed for the other components of the meal. 

You will need to play with the timing to suit your tastes.  The sprouts I had were not the best.  The perils of grocery store sprouts!

This salad worked very well.  It is noted to be revisited.

The photo is not the best.  But the salad was so good it deserves being shared!

 


#LifeLongLearning #LifeLongTeaching #FamilyFood #MungBeanSprout #MungBeanSproutSalad #Poke

I hope you have enjoyed this short write up.

As always, your questions or comments are welcome.

Until next time, Bon Appetit Y’all!

Leslie Bartosh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canadian Bacon. Yes! You Can Make It!

Pho with Vegan Egg Roll

Making Spaetzle using a cutting board