Demi Baguette

These demi baguettes were made using a variation of my regular formula.  My normal recipe uses AP flour.  I typically use King Arthur flours for all my baked items.  This one used their bread flour.  Everything else was the same.  

I like this bread better than my normal demi baguette.  The dough felt better and the caramelization (Maillard effect) of the dough is outstanding.  Overall, I think this is a better product.  I need to repeat this to see if the results are replicable. 

To think, this came out the need to utilize some surplus bread flour.  My normal recipe is a loose adaptation of a “Four Hour Baguette” recipe by Daniel Leader.  This bread is a standard in my kitchen.  I may have a new standard! 

#LifeLongLearning #LifeLongTeaching #FamilyFood #Bread #StaffOfLife



As always your comments or questions are welcome.

Until next time,
Bon Appetit Y'all
Leslie Bartosh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canadian Bacon. Yes! You Can Make It!

Pho with Vegan Egg Roll

Making Spaetzle using a cutting board