Basque Style Cheesecake - Tarta de Queso

 

Recently a recipe for Basque Style Cheesecake - Tarta de Queso came through my email.  The recipe was from the King Arthur flour company.  I have read a little bit about the dessert, but never seen it.  So, this meant it had to show up on our New Year’s Eve menu.  I am glad it did!  It is rich, custardy, and real delight to eat.

This was obviously my first time to bake this dessert.  Our oven runs a little hot.  When I next make this dessert, I will lower the temperature by 20 degrees.  Even though the top looks really dark and perhaps burned.  It does not taste bad.  Still, I think it will at least look better if it is not quite so dark on top. 

Some subsequent reading has given me some suggestions on ways to improve the cake.  I am already looking forward to making it.  It is super easy.  This recipe is five ingredients! 

#LifeLongLearning #LifeLongTeaching #FamilyFood



 

As always your questions or comments are welcome

Until next time,

Bon Appetit Y'all

Leslie Bartosh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canadian Bacon. Yes! You Can Make It!

Pho with Vegan Egg Roll

Making Spaetzle using a cutting board