Food Photography

 Food Photography


Food photography, recipe development and product utilization are interests of mine.  Recently, I was privileged to receive some constructive criticism and suggestions from a Chef.  He was kind enough to reach out on his own volition.  Thank you Chef!  I am trying to incorporate some of his suggestions in my photos.  

Since many of the photos I take are of our actual meals, it can complicate things. 😀  Still, there is room for growth.  

The photo below, actually required three different sessions.  The first session (dinner time), I forgot that I made some changes to the settings of the camera and absolutely no photos were usable.  Thankfully there were some leftovers that I could use the next day.

After the leftovers spent the night in the refrigerator, I pulled them out and remade the plate from the previous evening.  The second session yielded some nice photos.  But, I was not happy with the angles.  After the session, I broke down the plate and put everything back in the refrigerator.

For the third session, I remade the plate, for a second time, using the leftovers from the refrigerator.  Every time I handled the fish I lost some of the topping.  Of course, by this time the ingredients were not quite as nice as the previous evening.  Still, it yielded the photo I am publishing here.  Overall I am relatively pleased with the results.

I like this dish not only for the photography and the changes in my technique but  also for the food itself.  It is a fusion of cuisines.  Pecan crusted fish on a bed of Asian influenced sauteed vegetables with  Korean sweet potato glass noodles.  Southern USA meets Asia if you will.  The dish has great flavors and textures.

The dish:  Pecan encrusted Riverence Steel head trout on a bed of Asian Influenced sauteed vegetables with Korean sweet potato glass noodles.

So now you know the journey this dish took.  


 As always your comments and questions are welcome.

Until next time,

Bon Appetit Y'all

Leslie Bartosh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canadian Bacon. Yes! You Can Make It!

Pho with Vegan Egg Roll

Making Spaetzle using a cutting board